Arum are a successful boutique consultancy boasting a blue chip customer base including global banking groups; major financial services organisations; debt collection agencies; business process outsources; solicitors; utility and telecoms companies; the technology sector; social enterprises and business start-ups.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager to join us on a permanent basis, based in Edinburgh with regular travel to client sites. Reporting to the Financial Controller & Head of Corporate Services, this role will have responsibility for delivering an influential HR service to the business, providing appropriate advice and support to all levels of the business to help them meet their strategic objectives.
Responsibilities are weighted as follows:
Recruitment and Retention (35%):
• Identify and manage recruitment channels such as recruitment agencies, headhunters, universities and social media.
• Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes.
• Be a coordinator of initiatives/actions/improvements to maintain and improve Arum’s good retention track record.
Employee Relations (30%):
• To maintain and develop HR practice in Arum in line with its business priorities and values.
• To work closely with departments and assist individuals and line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures that are both consistent and fit for purpose.
• To liaise with and advise employees and managers on all HR matters.
• To support line managers in delivering effective performance and development management.
• To ensure all employees are dealt with consistently and fairly across the business areas.
Development and Training (20%):
• Assist employees and line managers to identify development needs and support action plans.
• Manage the training budgets and identify/deliver training as required.
• Coordinate the Arum ‘All Hands Training Days’.
HR Policy (10%):
• Work closely with departments to assist with the development and implementation of HR policy.
• Taking ownership of and/or providing advice on projects that have employee impact.
• To develop HR planning strategies with line managers, which consider immediate and long-term resource requirements.
• To provide advice and support to the Managers and Executive on all remuneration issues such as annual salary review process, bonus and incentive planning.
• To identify gaps in own skills/knowledge and discuss suitable training and/or development solutions to address these.
• To develop the interpersonal skills to be able to deal with a range of professional situations.
• To keep all technical knowledge up-to-date, specifically HR and Training specialism’s.
• To develop internal clients understanding of our roles within the HR and Training function.
Competencies required include:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Want to make a positive professional contribution in a growing business.
• Be a self-starter with excellent judgement, organisational and communication skills.
• Initiative, enthusiasm and drive
• Friendly, approachable and assertive when appropriate
• Able to work with limited supervision
• Highest standards of trust and integrity
• Ability to travel
• Able to prioritise work
Knowledge and experience required include:
• Be professionally qualified to a minimum CIPD level.
• Have proven experience in operating effectively in a stand-alone HR environment.
• Demonstrable track record of running successful recruitment campaigns.
• Be able to reference strong evidence of delivering both operational HR support and HR improvement projects.
• Possess up to date employment law knowledge and be able to apply it in practice.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Exposure to managing graduate entry programmes.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gill Schofield, HR Consultant on 07974 275890 for an informal, confidential chat.
Closing date: 28th October 2015
Interviews held: w/c 16th November 2015
£35-40,000 per annum plus bonus, pension, PMI benefits
Arum are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability.