A UK retail bank was experiencing problems with some portfolios and required an independent assessment of its collection and recoveries environment for card and loan products. They wanted to focus on identifying key initiatives which could be implemented quickly, and which fed into their wider customer service transition programme.
- We were chosen via a competitive tender process and undertook a rapid assessment of the bank’s collections and recoveries environment using our proprietary framework.
- Our two consultants for this project came with years of experience in managing large collections operations and risk management.
- We identified opportunities across all aspects of the environment, including collection and contact strategy, segmentation, contact channels, dialler optimisation, organisational structure, culture, operational efficiency and intensity, KPIs and performance management, and broader target operating model considerations.
- Following the assessment, the bank retained us to help them implement the recommendations, which took place over a period of nine months.
- To secure early benefit, we initially focused on driving out quick wins, which we subsequently refined over the period of the implementation programme.
- Throughout this process, we operated in a completely transparent way and the bank benefitted from comprehensive knowledge sharing and on the job mentoring.
- Over the course of the programme, the bank achieved multimillion-pound benefits.